May 25, 2013

Refashioned Geometric Print Color-block Dress Simplicity 1803


When I wore my Simplicity 1803 for Me-Made-May I was unsatisfied so I refashioned the dress.
First I removed the cap sleeves. Next I moved the upper yoke (the solid black) lower on the armseye to make the bust cutout less extreme. This adjustment worked for me because i have a high bust and a very short torso.
For the new sleeve I drafted a basic 3/4 sleeve and added a 2 1/2" turned up cuff. I flatlined my sleeve because the rest of my dress was lined. I simply serged the raw edge of my sleeve turned back my cuff allowance and stitched. When my cuff is turned to the right side it will hide my stitching line.
Lastly I shortened the hem. My original hem was enclosed with the lining. and my zip was too close to the hemline to maintain the enclosed hem. so I had to cut off 2" from the original hem and narrow hem both layers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.
Happy sewing!
Melody

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...