Today I wore my blouse version (View A) of Cynthia Rowley Simplicity Pattern 1872. I made the blouse in an Ikat print crepe de chine.
At work I wore a cardigan over the blouse and caught grief when I showed a co-worker the cute sleeves. "Why would you cover the m up?" she asked. I do not know, I love this sleeve. However I did NOT like the bodice. It is super loose and unflattering. I also opted to omit the tie belt as I did not feel I needed to add additional fabric.
I think I need to reconstruct it prior to another venture out of the closet. And in the event I wear the blouse again I will know better than to cover the cute sleeves.
Side note: I have made both dress versions (view B & C). I wore view B during Me-Made-May.
To overcome the bodice issue I pinned the neckline and belted the dress, in lieu of the patterns tie belt. I loved the skirt, three lovely flounced tiers. I have yet to wear Version C dress because after it was constructed I found that I hated the sleeves on the hanger, I can not fathom making it through the day in a bad bodice coupled with bad sleeves.
Look at the bunchy bodice.