Here in the Midwest United State the weather is still being a fickle beast. One day we wake to snow the next sunshine. Meanwhile as spring has not sprung I managed to finish a coat. The pattern is McCall's 6800. My variation is view C with the hi-lo hem of view B, it is a fitted and flared lined coat with high stand collar and side front pockets.
Pattern Modifications: broad back adjustment, square shoulder adjustment, shortened torso length and shortened hem line by 4 1/2" (11.43 cm). I cut the belt and loops for view C but thought that it would be too much in the print thus the belt was omitted.
The pattern construction is straightforward. I did however add an internal back stay to my coat. To do so I constructed my lining back pieces then traced the upper back portion on to a cotton suiting scrap and attached it to the back side of the lining to hold the upper shoulder shape.
The only minor issues I ran into during construction was my cotton coating fraying non stop. I would recommend using a fabric that frays less as there are many seamed panels in this design. Also the panels presented a challenge for perfect print alignment in my hounds tooth. I powered through, non the less.
By the time I had reached the point of adding my vintage re-purposed buttons (found at an estate sale) I wished I had added bound buttonholes. My outer fabric and facing plus interfacing was much to thick for machine worked buttonholes. I had to sit with a hand needle threaded with buttonhole twist and hand work all five holes. I have little patience...but I powered through.
Inner garement view: