My apologizes for the radio silence as of late. I am currently experiencing a state of influx and I will share more on that as events actualize.
At the beginning of April I was forced to sort and move every room in my apartment for renovations. I was devastated while my sewing was out of commission. But some good came out of it, I sorted my closet. These are my makes that survived the purge:
That is half of my closet and certainly more than 31 garments thus Me-Made May '14 seems in order.
Last year I was pretty successful in my MMM endeavor; I adore MMM because it heightens my awareness of my wardrobe. Year round I wear approximately a 50/50 split of me-mades and purchased garments.
|Last month cute in a 50/50 split outfit: Me-made peplum and purchased skirt|
Another goal for MMM '14 is to wrap up UFOs and finish mending and alterations. It is dirty work but someone has to do it. While sorting my sewing space I accumulated a 12-gallon tub of almost complete projects and simple alterations! I can knock those out this month.
These six looks are my May UFO goals:
- Green chiffon maxi made in April - awaiting button holes and buttons and hand stitching on the slipdress.
- Floral chiffon made in March - awaiting hand tacking on the zip
- Gold lace made in April - awaiting hand tacking on the zip
- Hounds ponte made in March - awaiting hand tacking on the zip
- Satin print made in 2013 - awaiting hand tacking on the zip and hem
- Navy texture made in September 2013 - awaiting loads of hand stitching
I have neglected to get back into the swing of photos for the blog but I have been sewing!
Currently I am creating a custom frock for a client which required an FBA and will share a tutorial on that soon. I made this beauty yesterday on my day off:
I plan on not letting this dress become a UFO in May; it needs a hem and zip.